Future of Ukraine Orphans (double click for full view, turn off music below)

Saturday, November 8, 2008

What is an advocate?

Advocate \'ad-ve--ket, -Kat\ n- 1 one that pleads the case of another
v- 2 to plead in favor of
SEE Support

In my short travels to the country of Ukraine, my life has been forever changed through those 14 day mission trips. Shortly after the first one, I acquired the knowledge that there are over 100,000 orphans living there. That first opportunity came in 2003 when I traveled with a group from my church to L'viv. We assisted two churches with outreach in the surrounding communities.
We led VBS at the churches and backyard bible clubs in different communities. We also traveled to various orphanages and prisons to carry the word of Jesus Christ and the hope, joy, peace, and love found in Him. We shared through puppet ministry and personal testimony.

The following year, I had the inexpressible joy of returning with my husband and two children as part of the team. My niece went on the two trips as well. Again, we shared Christ through song, puppets, skits, and fellowship.
Again, in 2005, God offered another trip to minister and testify to many in orphanages and prisons.
My heart has been forever linked to the orphan of Ukraine. With the direction of a loving, heavenly Father, I set out to bring attention, support, and plead the case of orphans.

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Thank you for following God's leading and becoming an advocate for these precious children. Once your heart is touched by them, your life will never be the same.
Thanks too for stopping by Sunflower Seeds. I hope you enjoy following our journey as we continue to be blessed by four kids. I can't imagine life without them. ;>)

Ashley said...

Thank you for being an advocate for these children that God loves so much! May God bless you! :)