Future of Ukraine Orphans (double click for full view, turn off music below)

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cry of the Orphan

Family Life Today is having a special emphasis week on the needs of orphans worldwide. You can visit their website at this address, http://www.hopefororphans.org/. They have resourses for getting your church involved in orphan ministry. They have pdf resources that you can download as well. It touched my heart to see all of the links and descriptions of resources and books. They are partnering with Shoahannah's hope and Focus on the Family. So, go and be encouraged that the Christian community is going to be impacted by this focus on fostering, adoption, and orphan care. If you listen to a Christian radio station that airs the Family Life Today or Focus on the Family broadcast, you may have already heard about this campaign. It airs on HIS radio at 2pm EST daily in my area. You can also listen online at http://www.familylifetoday.org/
You can also attend the Adoption and Orphan Care Summit V which should be coming to an area near you. Just visit www.cryoftheorphan.org/ to learn more. All of these websites are linked together so you should be able to navigate to any of them through the fltoday website. There is also a link for financial help.

Oh! On Nov. 22, which is Saturday, there is a Wait No More event at New Life Church in Colorodo Springs hosted by Focus on the Family to help waiting children in that area.
God bless all of you who have already adopted and all of you who have already started your process. God brings to mind the children of the blogs I read. Usually in the morning when I wake up or sometimes when I am wakeful in the night. I am reminded of the children's struggle. The Lord is working in so many ways and in the hearts of many others who don't know you personally to bring your children home and to help them in their process of adjusting to their new lives. He holds each of us in His hands. He knows our names and He hears us when we call.

4 comments:

Stefanie and Bill said...

Thanks for your informative post and your heart for orphans in Ukraine! My Paternal Grandparents are from Ukraine and I still have family living in Lviv and a local village outside of Lviv. I too have a heart for the children of Ukraine and am extra blessed to have been entrusted to care for 4 little boys that were born there!
May God richly bless your efforts as you support the orphans of Ukraine.
Stefanie

Debora Hoffmann said...

Sheryl, I am glad to have found your blog through you following mine. What a wonderful ministry God has called you to, to advocate for and support and love the orphans of Ukraine! The Lord bless you as you seek to serve Him by loving the orphans. We hope to be able to do the same and to adopt some of the precious children who need a family.

The McEacherns said...

I had to check out your blog since you found mine, and I had to add a YAY FOR HOMESCHOOLING! It was one of the best things in my life! That extra family time is precious. My mom died of cancer a few years ago. I figured out that by homeschooling, and not attending a regular school, I spent a whole 2 extra years of time with her. What a blessing!

Ashley said...

This last paragraph was a great word for me today. Thank you! I really needed that.