Future of Ukraine Orphans (double click for full view, turn off music below)

Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Dream Being Realized?

Over a year ago, I started this blog to be an outlet for all that was being revealed to me by my heavenly Father. I was just overwelmed at the mighty hand of God moving in my insignificant (not to Him, cause we're all special to Him) heart.
Last month, the first organizational meeting for Prism International was held.
It was exciting to have my family and few friends attending the meeting. There was some good points brought out and the attendees were sent off with the instructions to pray and seek God's will for their lives personally as to whether He was calling them to this ministry.

This month, we'll be discussing our mission statement and a permanent name.
I'm asking all followers of this blog to pray for us. I don't know anyone who has much experience developing the different elements of a non-profit. I don't want people to be afraid of following an unknown path. Many times in our walks as Christians we are required to chart a little unknown territory, but we must remember that there is nothing unknown to our Lord. He loves the orphan, the widow, and the stranger and He has commanded us to seek justice for them, provide for them, and to visit them. See Deut 24: 17-22

One of my favorite songs that has become a prayer of mine is by Britt Nicole
I wanna feed the hungry children and reach across the farther land
And tell the broken man there's healing and mercy in the Father's hands
I, I am small ,but you, you are Big enough
I, I am weak, but you, you are Strong enough
To Take My Dreams Come and Give them wings
LORD with you there's nothing I can't do

You can listen to it here.
We all know it's God who does the work and accomplishes His will. He allows us to join Him where He is working.

2 comments:

Jessica Smith said...

Dear Sheryl,

I just found your blog and love your heart! I couldn't agree with you more and know that as you step out in faith, God will do exceedingly abundantly above ALL you could ever ask or imagine!

I pray for the Lord's leading over every step you take, every decision that needs to be made, for doors to be opened and doors be closed that aren't of Him. I pray for clear discernment, favor and anointing!

Blessings to you sweet sister!

In Great Expectation,

Jessica

Sheryl said...

Thank you so much for the encouragement Jessica! I really need it! At this point I am still praying for direction and trying to "flesh it out". I'm currently working on a power point presentation that I hope to show to churches in my area. Please pray for the leaders in those churches to seek God's will in helping orphans! Again Thanks!